EditReady 1.0.3 adds a number of enhancements and fixes and is recommended for all users. In addition, EditReady 1.0.3 now supports running on Mac OS X 10.8. See Appendix A in the EditReady manual for more details on running EditReady on Mac OS X 10.8.
The most important thing to note about running on Mac OS X 10.8 is that hardware h.264 support is not available. That means that, if your Mac supports hardware h.264, those conversions will be slower on 10.8 than they would be on 10.9 Unfortunately, this is an OS-level limitation.
If you’ve already got EditReady, it should prompt you to update the next time you launch. If you aren’t an EditReady user yet, why not give our free trial a try – it’s the fastest, easiest and most powerful transcoding tool for the Mac.
The full change list is available below
- Support for Mac OS X 10.8
- Support for XDCam EX files
- Support for AVC Intra
- Support for retiming audio during framerate adjustments (audio will be sped up /slowed down)
- Better handling for files with corrupt headers
- Better performance for XDCam HD and XDCam HD422 files
- Better handling of custom XMP nodes in source files
- Better support for interlaced sources