We’re happy to announce ScopeBox 4.1 – with support for Apple Silicon m1 based macs, and improvements to the still store system, color targets, and layouts. Also beta previews of all new timecoded alerts and file based QC workflows.
Apple Silicon (m1) Support
ScopeBox 4.1 support m1 Macs for all sources who have updated their driver support. This includes support for Blackmagic Design devices; UVC devices (AJA T-tap, Magewell usb devices, ATEM switches, Epiphan devices, and more); and NDI 5 support. In addition, we are shipping universal binary support for all ScopeLink components, so you can use them in both native and rosetta apps on m1. AJA has announced Apple Silicon support is coming in a future update to their SDK, and will be rolled into ScopeBox when available.
Beta Alerts & File Based QC
For the first time ever, we are publicly releasing new features as beta in the shipping app. When possible these have been marked as such. ScopeBox 4.1 includes public previews of the new timecoded alerts functionality and a brand new timeline view for file based QC. You can trigger alerts when your video exceeds preset luma, chroma, and gamut ranges; tag video slug and silent audio regions; and warn on audio peak or EBU r-128 loudness excursions. The new timeline view displays TimeTrace scopes, audio waveforms, and alerts synchronized to movie file playback. See video and audio levels for your entire deliverable at a glance.
We hope this beta preview allows users to help steer the product direction of both these features. We encourage users to reach out to email@example.com with any and all bug reports, feature requests, and feedback.
As always, ScopeBox updates are available via in app auto update and by downloading from our trial page.
Full change list:
- Apple silicon support – universal m1 support for ScopeBox and all ScopeLink plugins
- Beta Alert support – adds timecoded alerts for live sources (luma, chroma, and gamut excursions; video slug detection; audio peak and r128 loudness)
- Beta Timeline support – new timeline view shows timetraces and alerts for intuitive file based QC
- Layouts can now save and recall source settings (thanks Ronald!)
- Layouts now save and recall palette overlays
- Added pref for saving stills as png, jpg, or tiff (thanks James!)
- Still store captures now round trip with correct color when saved as tiff (they clip super whites/blacks in png or jpg) (thanks Ulrich!)
- ATEM usb source correctly shows
- Adds color targets to cie plot and xyy channel plots
- Color targets are now preserved between launches
- Fixes possible echo on movie playback preview audio (thanks Edward!)
- Fixes corrupt frames in macbook 16” (MacBookPro16,1) with 8bit YCbCr formats
- Fixes brief hang when selecting view or source menu for first time each launch
- Fixes rare crash when altering settings on CMIO based sources
- Improves performance of HML palette
- Improves support for Premiere Pro v15 in ScopeLink (thanks Jesenko!)
- Improves Resolve ScopeLink support to properly handle out of gamut RGB values (thanks Rikk!)
- Various performance & stability improvements